If your website is just sat amongst the millions of others out there in the massive world wide web then it’s not going to get you much business because it won’t be found. I’ve mentioned this before and I tell my clients all the time, that you can’t just get a website and then leave it. It won’t get found. Google love websites that contain lots of lovely relevant content, so keeping your site updated with new articles and posts about your products, services, activities, case studies etc will ensure you get high rankings and found on Google.
A blog is a great way of keeping your website fresh and ideally putting a couple of posts on every day would be great, but realistically do you have the time? Try to post at least once a week. It’s a great way of keeping in touch with your clients and will help you get new clients. The blog is the best SEO tool you can have. If you articles have relevant keywords to what potential new clients are searching this will help your search result rankings. Try to think about what questions are being keyed into Google and use these in your articles. Google will find you if your blog has the relevant content to their users’ search requests.
Tips for a successful blog
- Write interesting original content at least once a week. If you can do it daily that is great.
- Know your subject! Make sure your information is correct. Do your research so you can back up your viewpoint. Stay up to date with the news and industry relevant to your topics.
- Use spell and grammar check.
- Use Social Sharing Buttons so your readers can easily share your articles.
- Allowing comments will make your site integrative and allow people to post questions and reviews. You would need to moderate this to keep spammers in check!
- Use relevant images.
- Use bullet points and lists. Seeing a massive post might frighten your reader away so keep your posts to the point and use bulleted lists.
- Don’t overwhelm your readers to much information in one go – keep it short and to the point.
- Write your posts in advance and schedule them to publish on a certain date and time.
- Make sure there is a link to your blog on your website and show an index of the latest 5 posts in your sidebar or footer to attract people to your articles.
For help in setting up a blog on your website email email@example.com.